Thursday, April 7, 2016

Table of Contents

     The table of contents is the first page any reader would open up to when they open a magazine. So, making this page as presentable as possible is very important. I want to incorporate pictures in some of the blank spaces like ones of bumbells, water jugs, healthy foods, etc. Today I set out to go take pictures of things I want on my table contents. I decided to photograph my friend Lexi, who is also a fitness model, at the gym for the upper portion of the page. With the help of the program called Burner Bonzana I was able to cut the background out of the picture completely so I am able to just feature the item itself. Unfortunately this took way longer than expected to figure out how to achieve this.
     After many photographs and figuring out how to cut out my photos, I moved on to establish the layout. Knowing that my front cover is very bright and has a lot going on, the next page that follows (table of contents) needs to be crisp and clean. This is why I went with a white background. I will have a total of 5 photos on this page. One big one on the top of Lexi, and four other small photos of items like I have previously talked about: food, water battles, dumbbells, supplements. I'm also going to make it very clear where the stories are that are talked about on the cover as the headlines for easy access. Here is my sketch of my layout:



Youngdahl, Kristi. Inspiredfitness.com. N.p., 8 Oct. 2012. Web.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment