Thursday, April 7, 2016

Layouts

     Today I had a little bit of difficulty figuring out a layout that would be best for the page before my calendar. This page is basically a key to the next page with directions on how to complete exercises listed. Since there is a lot of additional information I'd like to add about my calendar, like altercations of exercises for more advanced readers, that portion will be on the page following the double page spread which I will not be featuring in my project. Adding that extra information to the page before the calendar would make for an unclean and too clustered of a look for what I am going for. In deciding how I would like to layout my photos of Bella performing exercises 1-10 along with descriptions, I researched how other fitness and health magazines showed routines. Some that I found that I really liked were ones from magazines like Oxygen and Women's Health. One used what almost looked like a flow chart that goes along with the natural flow of the eye. The other had less pictures with more words. A combination of the two would be ideal for my page. Featured below is my sketch layout along with the two magazines examples I based mine off of.

                     
Women Health Magazine
Oxygen Magazine


"Nicole Wilkins." Brooklyn Fit Chick. N.p., 3 Mar. 2014. Web. 07 Apr. 2016.
"World Health & Fitness." Pinterest. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Apr. 2016.
"7 Interval Training Workouts To Burn Fat Fast - BuiltLean." BuiltLean. N.p., 19 Aug. 2013. Web. 07 Apr. 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment