Thursday, April 7, 2016

Cover Lines

     Cover lines are definitely something that could potentially make or break my magazine. While brainstorming theses I've looked up almost every magazine fitness related imaginable to analyze strategies used. I found that typically words do not over lap the model unless it is over a place of clothing. Also, the color schemes all go with each other. It is never too many colors just a group of 2 or 3 with different shades of the color. I also noticed different fonts everywhere on a lot of them, with certain words in capitals and more defined/colored than others. Placement of my cover lines is also very important for the success of my magazine. Ones that I believe are more catching than other should be placed higher on the magazine considering anywhere it is going to be sold it will most likely be on some kind of stand that could cover the bottom half of the page.
     The colors I would like to stick with for the cover are red, white, black, and green. I chose these because number 1, red is the color of health which is why my cover model, Bella, is wearing a red sports bra and red shoes. Number 2 black and white are neutral colors that go with everything and lastly green, because of nature and happiness. The background that I am keeping of the original photo of Bella, that will be featured on the cover, is half green from the grass in the back.
     While observing covers, most of them use word play and lists to catch buyers attention, along with use of exaggerative words. The four I brainstormed after searching through some are the following:

No comments:

Post a Comment